Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Racquetball and eating

Good morning! I am a tiny bit sore from a 2 hour game of racquetball yesterday but it was so much fun! I have just recently started playing racquetball and it is seriously a good workout! It says I burned 804 calories in 1 hour, 45 minutes of casual play. Does this sound right? Also, I have a large blister on my foot from playing and from running consistently in the past week. It doesn't hurt, but it does look very impressive:



Anyway, yesterday my eating in the afternoon was sporadic but I don't think it was awful. I was definitely low on veggies but I stocked up at Whole Foods and now I have a full house of good food! Grocery shopping seriously makes me way too happy! Anyone with me on that?

I got:
  • organic purple cabbage
  • green onions
  • 2 yellow onions on sale
  • a bunch of kale
  • a bunch of loose organic carrots
  • red grapes on sale
  • Cameo apples on sale (.99/lb)
  • 2 navel oranges on sale ($1.00 each)
  • 1 large grapefruit on sale--this is why I end up spending so much! Because everything I buy is on sale but it still adds up!
  • 1 block of tofu
  • 1 thing of tempeh (garden vegetable flavor)
  • 5 figs from the bulk aisle
  • a bit of 2 kinds of trail mix from the aisle, to top oatmeal with
  • ginger chews from the bulk aisle
  • box of almond thins
  • Icelandic chocolate!
  • 2 large cans of pumpkin
  • frozen cherries
  • frozen blueberries
  • frozen pomegranate waffles!
  • B vitamin complex
I think that's all, question mark?... I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Seriously people, this came to over $80! And I'm buying food for *1* person, aka myself! And I went grocery shopping exactly a week ago, plus I make little stops throughout the week (under $15 usually) for things I need. How can I do this?!

Anyway, on to breakfast. I attempted to make an omelet but it fell apart into an egg/veggie scramble, because I had added some watery salsa to the eggs--lesson learned there. I added a bunch of spices (marjoram, garam masala, curry powder, paprika) and sauteed 2 green onions and a bunch of kale. I grated a little lite sharp cheddar into the eggs and topped them with a new three pepper from WF. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of this salsa. It's a new flavor, and I thought I would like it, but there's a weird taste to it. Oh well, I'll still finish it for the lycopene and vitamin C.

And with the salsa:


As you can tell, I also had a pomegranate waffle...how could I not? Oh Whole Foods, how I adore you! I might be your biggest fan, or at least one of you bigger fans!! Anything free you want to send me is fine by me...haha, just wanted to throw that out there. :)

Oh and I ended up eating a banana, and some PB with the waffle also:




And randomly, I had a delicious snack of:

and:


The top is a tomato basil Morningstar patty with mozz cheese and salsa on top and an Ak-mak cracker with more cheese, the bottom is a 100 calorie TJ dark chocolate bar. :)

Real quick, because I really need to get moving here:

Honey Nut Lo is giving away a bunch of amazing yummies!

And Every Gym's Nightmare is giving away 2 books and some exercise cards. I really want to read "The World is Fat" so I need to win! :)

And finally, Heather Eats Almond Butter is giving away a coupon for a Turtle Mountain dairy free dessert.

Morning snack edits: 1 Clif kid Z bar, some grapes, and a carrot with PB. Oops. I'm off to the gym and the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!