Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Life continues despite frustrations

So in the past week, BOTH my credit cards managed to send me letters saying that they "may have been compromised by a third party" and they needed to send me new cards. I appreciate this, but it's annoying to have to change all the things that are billed to me automatically. Additionally, I had changed mine for my gym, but somehow they didn't get the memo (despite the fact that I went in and did it in person! Maybe they entered the number wrong?) so I got a bill for a $25.00 fee! What?! And to top things off, I got a notice from my bank saying that a check from a wedding client had bounced, so I had to send him-the client- a (very nice!) e-mail explaining this and scanned in the copy of the bank notice. Just so frustrating!

And now, since I believe in CHOOSING to be happy, I am making a list of the good things that happened today. I am FORCING myself to notice and appreciate them:

  • Good food! A nice balance of healthy and delicious! (pictures posted below)
  • A break from the gym (my gym time was taken by the frustrations listed above, but at least my body got a break)
  • I got to sleep in
  • I got my oil changed and there was barely any waiting involved
  • I'm going to a fantastic concert by my friends tonight
  • I got to talk to my mom!! Both on-line and on the phone. She lives on the West Coast and I moved here 3 years ago. I miss her so much and as much as I feel "grown up" most of the time, sometimes it's just nice to talk to my mommy! I really only talk to her once a week or so.
I snacked all afternoon because I was home almost the whole time and I've always been more of a grazer. I rarely (never?) eat (only) three meals in a day, so I don't bother to make any of the snacks very big. Eh, it works for me. (OK, today involved a little stress eating, but that's life; it happens. Notice how not concerned I am).

My new favorite snack: brussel sprouts in hummus! So good! Yes, I ate this whole container of brussel sprouts and finished the hummus, but there wasn't very much left.


I found these bagels in Nashville, when we were recording. They were on sale for $.99! So I bought a pack and threw it into my luggage to bring home! The nutritionals are amazing!

100 calories, 15 grams of fiber, 1 gram of fat, 9 grams of protein, 3 grams of sugar (even this raisin flavor with real raisins!) whole grains, vitamins and minerals. Plus they taste amazing and they are super soft! Great texture, just really great overall! I would have to give them 10 our of 10 stars as a rating! I am SOOOO sad that they don't have them up here by me! That is the good thing about being a touring artist--you get to eat fun local stuff all the time! :)


I topped mine with banana flavored PB and fresh strawberries and it was quite amazing!


I had this champagne mango that I was too lazy to cut up, so I peeled it and ate it straight out of hand. Psshh--you've never done something like that? ;-)

And I ate this chocolate fiber bar. Hmm, craving choclate much?

And there have been plenty of other snacks! It happens when I'm at home all day. I'm OK with it.
-apple
-a couple spoons of PB
-a tiny bit of dark chocolate
-the leftover piece of that cinnamon roll I posted about earlier this week

My body and I are Cool with it. :)

Meloncauliflower is giving away a variety of goodies.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post again until Monday morning, so please don't give up my blog yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!