And now, since I believe in CHOOSING to be happy, I am making a list of the good things that happened today. I am FORCING myself to notice and appreciate them:
- Good food! A nice balance of healthy and delicious! (pictures posted below)
- A break from the gym (my gym time was taken by the frustrations listed above, but at least my body got a break)
- I got to sleep in
- I got my oil changed and there was barely any waiting involved
- I'm going to a fantastic concert by my friends tonight
- I got to talk to my mom!! Both on-line and on the phone. She lives on the West Coast and I moved here 3 years ago. I miss her so much and as much as I feel "grown up" most of the time, sometimes it's just nice to talk to my mommy! I really only talk to her once a week or so.
My new favorite snack: brussel sprouts in hummus! So good! Yes, I ate this whole container of brussel sprouts and finished the hummus, but there wasn't very much left.
I found these bagels in Nashville, when we were recording. They were on sale for $.99! So I bought a pack and threw it into my luggage to bring home! The nutritionals are amazing!
100 calories, 15 grams of fiber, 1 gram of fat, 9 grams of protein, 3 grams of sugar (even this raisin flavor with real raisins!) whole grains, vitamins and minerals. Plus they taste amazing and they are super soft! Great texture, just really great overall! I would have to give them 10 our of 10 stars as a rating! I am SOOOO sad that they don't have them up here by me! That is the good thing about being a touring artist--you get to eat fun local stuff all the time! :)
I topped mine with banana flavored PB and fresh strawberries and it was quite amazing!
I had this champagne mango that I was too lazy to cut up, so I peeled it and ate it straight out of hand. Psshh--you've never done something like that? ;-)
And I ate this chocolate fiber bar. Hmm, craving choclate much?
And there have been plenty of other snacks! It happens when I'm at home all day. I'm OK with it.
-a couple spoons of PB
-a tiny bit of dark chocolate
-the leftover piece of that cinnamon roll I posted about earlier this week
My body and I are Cool with it. :)
Meloncauliflower is giving away a variety of goodies.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to post again until Monday morning, so please don't give up my blog yet! :)