Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My starter died--how fun!

Yesterday evening I went to teach violin from 4-6:30pm and then I played a church service from 6:30-8pm. When I went out to get in my car, it wouldn't start! Argh! I knew that my starter was in the process of dying and I shouuld have gotten it fixed a while ago, so it is partially my fault. But anyway, I called the nice people at AAA and they sent the battery services truck. An hour later he arrived, looked at it, tried to tap the starter and it still didn't work, so we had to call for a tow truck. Another hour later (fun!) the tow truck shows up. At least the guy was cool and wasn't creepy. :) But anyway, we got it towed and he even gave me a ride home, even though he wasn't really supposed to. It was late and I really didn't want to walk alone with my violin. So it's in the shop this morning and I had to get up early to walk my spare keys to them. Which brings me to my next point:

Why am I always so tired all the time even on the *individual* days when I get 6 hours of sleep? (Like tonight--and I'm so exhausted, I might have to take a nap). I feel like I need WAY too much sleep! If I don't set 2 alarms, I will sleep for 10+ hours every night on a consistent basis! I don't get it. How can I really feel like I need that much sleep? (I don't actually get 10 hours a night; more like 6-8). And when I do I get 10 hours, I feel better, not groggy the next day. I'm starting to get a little worried, because after grad school I just blamed it on exhaustion (which was true) but I graduated in May and have been getting at least 5 hours a night about 90% of the time. (There have been plenty of days where I get 2 or 3, especially when travelling for performances, and then I'll sleep in the car or nap in the hotel, but it's not REM, uninterupted sleep, so I think it's less effective.) Additionally I take a multi-vitamin, an iron supplement, and a B complex every day and I've found this to be a good combination for my body. I also don't have ANY problems with insomnia, either trouble falling asleep, or staying asleep (I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night!) I guess this is good? But does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? PLEASE let me know if you have any suggestions. I want to try to avoid seeing a doctor because even though I have health insurance, the co-pay will be like $40 and if there's any additional testing needed then I'll have to cover it since I have a high deductable.

OK, wow, that was long. This looks like it's going to be a monster post because I have some yummy food to share with you guys.

I had eaten really late at night yesterday due to the car troubles. I was starving when I got home around 12:30am (not a typo!) and I knew I had to eat. I had a bowl of sauteed veggies and beans, + 2 slices of toast with PB. Way too many cals before bed but I said "screw it, I'm hungry". So I *thought* I'd be less hungry this morning, but that didn't happen. I started breakfast with a banana and PB.

Then, lest you think I didn't have coffee (gasp!) I had a piece of toast with PB and 2 mugs of coffee.

Then I walked to the car shop to drop off my spare keys.

Afterwards I came home and was slightly productive until I got hungry (I'm always hungry and am actually suprised that I don't keep gaining weight!) I guess I was in need of protein, but I didn't even realize it until I made this:

2 soy sausages with ketchup and mustard
1 piece of lf cheddar

Omelet with kale and green onions and cheddar cheese:


Topped with WF 3 pepper salsa:

All together:

I've pretty much just been eating all morning. I know it's bad, because I should just TAKE A NAP! (Which I will do soon here, because I will play (a professional rehearsal) tonight much better if I have a nap! But in the mean time, I have definitely been eating too much. I'm not going to worry about it though, and I'll just post the pics for your enjoyement.

I snacked on a chocolate chip Clif Z bar:

And another piece of PB&J toast:

Plus the last few bites of my Green Raw Revolution bar:


Then the most exciting part of my morning:


DELIVERY!!!!

I placed an order for these on-line a few days ago and I am so incredibly excited that they arrived today! Here is what it looked like immediately upon opening the box:



I moved aside the reading brochures to reveal:



Yes--be jealous! :)

I might or might not have already eaten 4. Um, yeah, problem. But said 4 were basically my lunch (suprisingly, i'm full!) so i'm not going to worry about it.

On a positive note I got to try:

-a Vita brownie
-a fig flavored Vita top

-a triple choclate chunk Vita top
-and a PB chip Vita top

The PB one is pictured in my hand:



Beautiful, just beautiful! :)

Thank you for NOT counting how many calories I've eaten before 2pm!! I need to go take a nap. I hope nothing's actually wrong with me!

Hope everyone is doing well, and thank you again for all your comments! I love getting them!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for our blogger meet up! :-)

    I'm confused about the sleep thing. Do you normally get 5-6 hours of sleep 90% of the time? Because if you do, you probably definitely need more. And that's why your body wants to sleep so long if you let it. Or I could have totally misread your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably get 7-8 hours most nights (yay for not being in grad school any more! Haha!) I usually have at least 1 night/week with 5 or 6 hours, and 1 night where I sleep for 9-10 hours. I would think that would be enough? Maybe I'm just one of those people who needs 9 hours EVERY single night, and I definitely don't get anywhere close to that.

    Regardless, I didn't end up napping and I surprisingly feel just fine right now. I think I'm just weird. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!