Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick post

Before bed here. I had a great day today! I got a 30 minute run in and tonight I played another hour of racquetball + a very short, 3 1/2 minute bike sprint. Fun stuff! I can feel myself getting into better shape and that's what motivates me to continue working out. No, I'm not seeing drastic or fast changes, but slowly I am definitely building strength and endurance, and that is EXCITING to me! :) And speaking of that, Strawberry Shortcake is having a giveaway. And so is Alisa at One Frugal Foodie, and both giveaways look AMAZING!

I'll give you some pictures from today, tomorrow. (Like that poor writing?)

But food highlights:

cottage cheese and PB
toast
bowl of broccoli + edamame, microwaved
4 PB and cheese (totally processed but delicious!) crackers with CC on top. I liked it. *shrugs*
2 apples (one after my run, one later in the day)
1 banana with PB (there was a lot of PB consumed today!)

I haven't been very hungry in the past couple of days. Not that I'm complaining and I'm wondering if I'll be able to lose those 10 lbs I mentioned in my last post. I'm really trying to cut portions, while still keeping my energy up and definitely not restricting in an ED/DE way! So I'm a little hungry now, but it's after midnight, so I'm going to go read in bed for a bit and go to sleep. I'm reading "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers and I actually really like it. It has an interesting and unique writing style.

Last thing. I bought groceries today at Trader Joes. I get really excited about Trader Joes! :) I tried to keep it minimally processed. I got:

  • 2 cartons of 0% Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 gallon of skim milk
  • 1 block of tofu
  • fresh salsa
  • 1 lb of organic carrots
  • 1 bag of spinach
  • loaf of whole wheat artisan bread
  • reduced fat sharp cheddar to sub for meat
  • garlic hummus (can you tell I want fancy sandwiches this week?)
  • Ak-mak crackers
  • 100 calorie chocolate bars (I wanted SOME chocolate!)
  • 1 can organic pumpkin
  • almond butter!! SOOOO excited!
  • Morningstar sausage patties
  • Morningstar tomato basil burgers (never had them, but they look great!)
It's a long list, but I'm so excited for such yummy healthy food in my house. And it's all meat free, so I can complete this challenge.

Well, I'm off. I'll be on after breakfast tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!