Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Return of the pumpkin!

To my bowl of oats that is. I went grocery shopping AGAIN yesterday. I do this way too often. But I needed a few things, which turned into $40. (*Insert smirk here*) But one of the things I got was canned pumpkin which I am so excited to have for my breakfasts. It bulks up oatmeal and adds a serving of veggies to breakfast! :)

1/2 C oats
1/3 cup pumpkin
2 tsp flax
2 tsp noni juice
1 chopped fig (the white-ish kind from WF; I like these way better than the dark figs)
2 chopped strawberries
sprinkling of carob chips


I topped it with my usual 1/2 cottage cheese and a small spoon of PB.


I had a fantastic day yesterday! It started with a great workout. I did 44 minutes of running and walking on the treadmill. It was probably about 25 minutes of actual running and the rest walking. It said I burned 415 calories, and I usually enter a weight about 10 pounds less to offset the inaccurately high numbers it gives. Whatever; it felt good. Then I returned home to find the Mix My Granola that I won from Jenna's giveaway.


Of course I had to try some right away! It's seriously delicious!!!

I thought this piece of dried strawberry was particularly cute! :)

For the fastest lunch ever (I seriously had about 8 minutes to prepare, heat and eat this!) I made this Indian entree with one whole zucchini chopped into it:

It said there are two servings in it, but they would have been tiny servings, so really there was only one, 200 calorie, serving! :)


Then I taught two violin lessons and I did the grocery shopping I mentioned. I stopped at WF and got a bunch of good stuff. Here's the produce:


  • red chard
  • one onion
  • 3 organic gala apples
  • green beans on sale ($1/lb!)
  • strawberries
I also bought (but could takes pictures of):

-Cheddar Nut Thins
-Cottage cheese
-Can of pumpkin
-2 Odwalla bars ($1 each, to be chopped up on oatmeal!)
-5 figs (also to be oatmeal toppings)
-skim Kefir (I like it and I had a coupon!)
-1 ThinkBeautiful bar (aka, ThinkThin--but that's a terrible name!)
-1 Balance bar (I had coupons for all the bars, making them around $1 each)
-this Green Kombucha as a special treat! I LOVE them, but they're over $3 each which is obscenely expensive! Even on sale it was $3 even, but I just really wanted it. Ugh, Please bring the price down, oh highly esteemed Kombucha-making company!

I also ate an apple in my car on the way home.


Then I went to adult gymnastics!! So exciting! I got my aerial cartwheel back! And I connected roundoff back tuck on trampoline, back layouts on tramp, and was feeling good with my front handsprings on floor. I also found out that I can do this one really cool "breakdancing" pose where I'm on my hands and both knees are resting on my right elbow, feet off the ground. I had an awesome time! That was about 1 hour and 10 minutes, and it was another good workout!

I came home and was pretty hungry so I made this shake:

I'm not going to lie. I really didn't like this AT ALL. It's pretty gross, actually! Sorry BioChem people. I WANTED to like it! I REALLY TRULY did. And I still drank it all because of the amazing nutritional information. But it honestly tasted HORRIBLE. I'm sorry, but I just cant recommend it. But I did get a crap ton of amazing nutrients! :)

I had some Cheddar Nut Thins with it to help offset the shake's taste.


I was still hungry so I made a delicious bowl of Kefir and MixMyGranola! Yummm! I threw some puffed Kamut in to give it more volume.


I went out to a bar VERY close to my house with my friend--yes, him--and we talked for another 2 hours. During which time I sipped two large vodka and cranberries. I wonder if I'd lose weight if I stopped drinking? But really now, what fun would that be? Besides, cranberry juice has lots of vitamin C and vodka is VEGAN!! Hahaha!

P.S. Peanut Butter and Jenny is giving away some amazing snacks!

Happy Friday everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. Mhmm. I luff your oatmeal combos/toppings!
    Pumpkin = <3

    And that granola mix looks divine! I've actually never had a dried strawberry...
    Need ta hunt me down summa those. =]

    Anyhow. I hope you have a lovely weekend - take care! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great day!

    I love mix my granola, but it's just way to expensive to buy on a normal basis.

    I've never had a Kombucha, but they are all over the blogworld, which makes me want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like it when health foods are rather expensive :'( Especially the bars, because I waste my pay check on those. But lucky for you! You found Odwalla bars for $!?! They don't sell those here in Canada, aww pooie!

    Anywho, yummy-lookin' breakfast bowl you've got there. Congrats on winning le granola! I hardly ever buy produce myself, because I'm far too stupid to know what is fresh and what is bad. Plus, I would probably get zuchinnis instead of cucumbers. :P (they look similar!)

    Yummy snacks (in reference to your bowl of Kefir). The puffed kamuts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...all these marvelous prodcut reviews are making me drool like crzy!!
    pumpking oats are my fav, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so scared of the pumpkin in my oats. But I think I'm gonna try them bc yours look so good! Haha, lovely buys :D That granola looks super yummy!
    <3 jess :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh i cant do the pumpkin in the oats.. too much for me!

    congrats on getting the gymnastics groove back- it must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!