Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Bring on the weekend!

Happy Friday everyone! My weekend looks like this:
  • teach one lesson today from 2-3
  • drive 2 hours north to play an acoustic indie folk show at a small music festival
  • drive home pretty late, probably getting home around midnight
  • teach Saturday morning 10-12 noon
  • attend a recital that two of my students are playing at
  • go to a local concert/show that my wonderful boyfriend is playing at
  • church on Sunday morning
  • teach one violin lesson after church
  • play a rock violin show on Sunday afternoon/evening
Whew, it should be an AWESOME couple of days. Obviously I won't have too much time to post or comment, but I'll try to read your blogs. :)

I had a delicious bowl of oatmeal this morning. All the usual stuff (pumpkin, flax, noni juice) and I added a splash of FF milk, some frozen strawberries, 1/3 FF cottage cheese, and a spoon of Sunflower Seed butter. (I also had probably one serving of cashew pieces while making this).


For lunch yesterday I made a great omelet with a bunch of leftover sauteed veggies, broccoli, 1 egg, 1/4 C egg whites, and feta cheese. I topped it with avocado, hummus and more feta. :) It was seriously delicious and healthy.

I cooked the veggies first.


Stuffed the omelet:


And folded it over with the extra veggies on the side.


I had a bunch of grape tomatoes while making the omelet.


And I ended lunch with a Breyers yogurt. (Added a bit of cereal for some crunch).


And a peach.

Right before the gym I had a FiberPlus Antioxidants bar. At the gym I did 28 minutes on the Expresso bike and beat my Ghost rider (previous best ride time) by almost 2 minutes! Yay! Then I had to hurry to meet my boyfriend and his away-from-home family for dinner. We went to a local bar where we had fried cauliflower, pizza and beer. I had two slices with veggies, chicken and lots of cheese on them. They were pretty greasy but delicious. I think a sweat session at the gym will help though. So I'm off now. I also need to do a load of laundry at some point.

My trip to NYC is coming up in less than a week!! I am so excited about it! We're going to catch a show, hopefully, walk around Central Park, visit Ground Zero and a church near there, walk around Grenwich (sp?) Village, see Times Square, attend a concert at Julliard (!), and eat at lots of adorable NYC restaurants. I don't know if I have any readers in NYC yet, but if so, or if there's anyone familiar with the city, do you have any recommendations of restaurants to eat at? Even if you've just visited there, what were some of your favorites?

Have a FANTASTIC weekend!

12 comments:

  1. great yummy pics :)
    be glad for having a lot of things to do in this weekend, i wish i have things in my life that i could be excited for!
    love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to NYC, but I can't remember anywhere at which I ate... sorry! It sounds like you'll have a great weekend, and vacation!

    Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dang - that omelet looks absolutely DELICIOUS! Since I'm finally home from college and have a stove (!), I think I'll have to deinfitely give that a go.

    Good luck with your weekend! Looks tiring but fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking omelet. I love your musical themed cups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be in the city this summer so let me know what restaurant you decide to go to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i posted my email on your giveaway link- it's me! tracy! the winner! (i still can't believe it.) luminaire65@hotmail.com, in case it didn't go through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yums! And wow, your day seems so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have a busy couple of days coming up! Your food looks great, the omlette looks delish. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go visit Pinkberry, or Red Mango for their amazing frozen yogurt! I'll be visiting NYC sometime soon too! I hope you have a GREAT time, Lisa!
    and oh wow...your schedule is damn-PACKED! but sounds very meaningful and productive!
    and I just read your comment on my blog about conquering your fear food...just wanted to say...I'm SO proud of you and you're such an amazing and strong person! :-)
    p.s.GOSH that omelet is such a gorgeous hunk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy weekend! Hope it's fantastic, though.

    Love your omelet. I always eat omelets as my pre-concert meals. :-)

    NYC sounds so fun! I would love to see a concert at Julliard, too. I've never been to NYC but would love to someday. Actually, the train system scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun in NYC! That's wonderful--I'm sure you will have a BLAST. Have a great weekend and you sure will be busy! Yummy eats--your omelet look fabulous.
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! thanks sooo much for sharing that verse with me...Coincidentally, it's one of my fav verses from the bible! >__<

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!