Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two identical breakfasts

Yesterday and today were nearly identical because they were delicious! It consisted of:

2 eggwhite + 1/2 yolk omelet with sauteed kale (added spicy Italian seasonings yesterday, garlic and oregano today)
1/2 grapefruit (each day--it was sweet and didn't need any added sugar! Delish!)
A fairly large amount of homemade banana bread topped with Greek yogurt! This was the star on the show! :)


I added some low sugar ketchup too:



And today's:


Yesterday I added some PB because I didn't have much fat. (Finished the jar of "natural" stuff that they added palm oil and sugar too. I had accidentally bought it and I don't even prefer it!) Today I just had some chocolate chips

while baking one more pan of the banana bread (I had 3 more frozen bananas in my freezer to use up and I'm enjoying it! YUM! Today I also had a carrot before breakfast:


Confession: I used the Hungry Girl banana bread recipe, but I also added 1/4 oat bran, 1/4 ground flax (GOOD FAT!) and some chocolate chips + raisins.

I used these and they're very good!

Sorry, I only thought to take the picture when I had already eaten a lot of it.



Go Bananas! Banana bread recipe:



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used 1 C WW flour, plus the other two 1/4 cups of flax and oat bran)
3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
1/2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
Optional Toppings: no-calorie spray butter, Cool Whip Free

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (in other words, all dry ingredients). In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, egg substitute, applesauce, and vanilla extract (all the wet ingredients). Add this mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until just blended. Spoon batter into a large loaf pan (about 9" X 5") sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, and then cut into 8 slices. If you like, spritz with some spray butter or spread on some Cool Whip Free. MAKES 8 SERVINGS



Serving Size: 1 (thick!) slice
Calories: 140
Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 267mg
Carbs: 31g
Fiber: 3.75g
Sugars: 7g
Protein: 5g

POINTS® value 2*

And some random earlier pictures of snacks and stuff. I don't have pictures of my dinners because they were eaten in the car before or after teaching or rehearsal. My evenings thend to get insane. Yesterday I taught from 4-5, got gas, stopped at Whole Foods just for Greek yogurt and a Kombucha, and then went to a 3 hour orchestra rehearsal (plus an hour drive each way). I got home around 11:30pm. On Tuesday afternoon I ran a bunch of errands from 1-4pm then I taught violin from 4:30-8:00 (normally I go to 9:15 but 3 of my students couldn't make it). (plus a 45 minute drive each way). So I apologize for the lack of dinner pictures. But here are a few snacks:


Sweet potato fries!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!