Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back to gymnastics!

I have loved the sport of gymnastics for as long as I can remember. I saw what I think was the 1992 Olympics (men's high bar is the memory) and from there on I was fascinated by it. I recently found a place that offers adult gymnastics and I go as often as I can, which is not that frequently. I'm about 15 pounds heavier than when I was the most active in it and I have a lot less strength than I did before. But somehow, surprisingly, I still can do most of my old skills. I threw a couple aerial cartwheels on my first time back. After that, I got my backhandsprings (but I prefer not doing them), front tucks and back tucks off tumble track, and back tucks and layouts on regular trampoline (still working on the form of the layout). I have my barani off beam and tumble track. I even starting twisting my layouts, but I don't have a good enough form yet. The point is, I LOVE gymnastics. I just am so out of shape, that every time I do it, I end up super sore. I re-learned my front hip circle today on bars and I tried some side handstands on beam. Nothing too hard though, because I am still pretty concerned with hurting my hands for violin. That would be really bad, so I have to be content doing the skills I feel comfortable with. Anyway, I'm going to go stretch and read (I also ran for 20 minutes at the regular gym before gymnastics today). Hopefully my neck with feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!