Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy day + Yoga

I went to my first yoga class--ever--tonight! I liked it and it was honestly harder than I thought it would be. But that was this evening, so let's backtrack to my afternoon. I went to the gym from 1:45-2:45 and did a great workout of: 10 minutes on treadmill to warm up, 15 minutes arms lifting, 23 minutes on the Expresso bike. I love those so much! I already can't wait for tomorrow's ride! :) I was dripping BUCKETS and it felt great!

I had a big glass of FRS to drink in the morning:


Also, wanted to show what I put in my coffee this morning. I know it's artificial and sugar free fake, but I'm sort of sensitive to sugar and I LOVE this flavor! :)


I grabbed the other Quorn cutlet that I had cooked yesterday and topped it with salsa. Sorry, forgot to take the picture until I was halfway through with it.

After the gym, I had to get ready really quickly to teach (just 2 half-hour lessons) so I showered mucho quickly and grabbed a chunk of tofu and ate it plain.

I also had a couple of handfuls of this:


Quite possibly the best granola I've ever had, and I got it at Big Lots for $3!! Yayay! :)

After teaching, I stopped into Whole Foods just for their chocolate (and Valentine's) tasting event! I didn't get pictures of anything because I was pretty rushed, but I tried some swordfish (plain and with cajun seasoning--INCREDIBLE!!), some marinated chicken, a choco. covered marshmallow heart, a bite of horseradish cheese, a couple different quiches (small bites each), a chocolate cake thing, and an Adora! Which totally made me think of Gliding Calm's valentine's present from Carrots 'n Cake! Yay, GC--I ADORE your blog!

Then I got home and basically headed out to yoga. I had a couple more small handfuls of the granola but wasn't too hungry. However, afterwards, I was really hungry. I went to get tea with a friend and I tried Pomegranate Raspberry Green tea, which was delicious.



When I got home I was ravenous so I made dinner. I steamed the last of my frozen organic broccoli

and threw a pack of Shirataki noodles on it. I do like how low in calories they are, but I honestly also love the taste and texture, and sometimes I just want to eat A LOT of food!

I then doused it in spaghetti sauce

and had a good start to dinner:

With a glass of water. Notice the Pittsburgh Penguins logo--I got it at a game and I'm a huge Penguins hockey fan! And they won tonight!! Yay! :)


I also sauteed the rest of a purple cabbage in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tamari and garlic:



and had half a block of tofu:

I finished off a tub of FF cottage cheese (which seriously only had a couple TBs in it.)


I topped it with more granola and decided I had the right idea, so I had a FF yogurt that was suprisingly good!


I forgot to fill in yesterday's dinner. I had a huge bag of soy chips and an Atkins protein bar in the car after teaching. I also had a 100 calorie South Beach mixed berry bar. All of it was good, and mostly it was healthy. Probably didn't need the Atkins bar as I'm trying to cut back a little, and I think I was already full. But it was only 180 calories so it wasn't too bad. Sorry, no pictures.

Tonight I also went out with a friend and had a Budlight draught. My first 100 calories of tomorrow's workout are specifically for burning off that beer! :-o I'm going to go take a hot bath and finish Ecplipse. I didn't have any time to read this afternoon! And then I have to decide which other books to take on my trip! So good night. There might be a tiny glass of red wine and some chocolate in the tub! Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!