Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm sorry folks; I once again am lacking several pictures. I don't know why, but I feel weird taking pictures of my food either in public, or when my roommate is home since she doesn't know about this food blog. In fact, I haven't told anyone I know about it. I'm not sure why; I'm definitely not ashamed of it or anything. Maybe it has something to do with having had an ED and wondering if they'll think it's obsessive and/or just too time consuming or pointless. But I actually really enjoy keeping up with the blog. I love reading other peoples, and mine is a great way to recap my day, talk about other random stuff and just enjoy it. But anyway, all that is to say that I don't take pictures of my food in front of others. I even felt weird taking a picture in Whole Foods of my hot bar plate. Anyone else feel this way when you began your food blog?

So yesterday I made the most delicious dinner of:

-1 hot Italian sausage from the WF meat counter
-3/4 C (?) cooked brown rice (plain)
-large portion of sauteed purple onion, purple cabbage, and red Swiss chard

I also had a banana and later that night I had a large piece of banana bread and 2 Miller lites with friends.

Today's breakfast was grabbed quickly when I was rocking my *2* hours of sleep. I stumbled into the kitchen and turned the (old-school) coffee pot on. Then I ate a slice of WW toast with PB and a banana. I also grabbed a piece of banana bread (which is now gone--how sad!)

Got home from teaching (10-12:30) around 1:30 (it's a long drive) and was starving so I made a repeat of yesterday's dinner! It was delicious, nutritious, fairly cheap and quick, so I heated up an identical plate. And once again had a banana! Haha, I'm not very creative.

But then I went to the gym and biked the first "Challenging" Expresso course I've ever done! I was SOOO proud of myself because it was HARD!! Fun, but hard! It took me 31+ minutes and they say it should only take 25-30mins, but I'm still pleased because I MADE IT and I stayed ahead of the pacer who was at 150 watts! I know I'm not the most fit person on these boards, but like I said, for me that's still quite an accomplishment. I also biked for another 7 minutes, in which I explored the game setting of the Expresso bikes (FUN!) and did a tiny bit of leg conditioning. It felt good.

I had dinner in two parts tonight. When I got home from the gym, I contemplated waiting until after I taught, but I was really hungry so I grabbed 2 big pieces of plain tofu with a tiny bit of PB on them (does anyone else like this combo?) and made a Source of Life Energy Shake that I got as a free sample a while back. Now, I'm not going to lie here: it wasn't very good. And normally I don't eat things that I don't like. But I made an exception tonight because this thing was seriously packed full of nutrients. It was IMPRESSIVE!


I added a cup of FF milk and it came out to 192 cals. You can see all the nutrition facts here:

And most excitingly, I fried up a plantain today. I like them and used to eat them a lot more; they bring back memories of my childhood. So I stuck the slices in the pan:

And they turned into this:

Which THEN turned into this beauty:

This bowl was delicious! It has:

-pumpkin amaranth (prepared and stored yesterday)
-FF cottage cheese
-slices of my fried plantain
-PB
-cinnamon sprinkled on top

Yeah, it was one of the most amazing things I've eaten in a long time. :)

I've never linked back to a blogger's contest, but here is my first. The lovely Leah at Simply Fabulous Now is holding a contest for Trek bars:

And now I'm off to bed. I'm going to a pancake breakfast tomorrow which should be really fun, but I don't know if I'll be able to get any pictures.

GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments!