Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Relaxing day

Yay for being back to consistent blogging!

My boyfriend and I were planning on going to an amusement park today, but neither of us thought to check and make sure it was open today. Hah! We checked on-line for their hours before we left, and found out that the entire park was closed today. So much for that. FAIL. :)

It's OK though, because I'm getting over a cold and I still don't have a lot of energy today. Instead we played Scrabble and went to Red Robin for lunch. I got their BBQ whiskey chicken wrap. Forgive the Google images picture.


It was only OK. I should have asked for it without Ranch dressing, because I'm not a huge fan of it, but overall it was pretty tasty. I only had 1 half, plus a few bites of the other, some fries and the melon. I actually felt good, not stuffed, afterwards, and I was pleased.

Then I napped in the afternoon because I'm still trying to fight the cold. And for dinner I made myself a delicious pan of sauteed veggies (organic cabbage, red bell pepper, organic white onion, zucchini) and tofu, which I topped with PB. This isn't weird, right?


Delicious! And some low calorie organic Pomegranate Lemonade from WF, with a bite of a Starbucks M and M cookie for dessert. Truthfully, I had another chunk of the cookie, about as large, and several glasses of juice, but it only has 30 calories in 6 ounces, so I'm fine.


In blog news, check out these giveaways:

AnAppleADay has MetroMint water. I've wanted to try this for a long time!

Missy Maintains is giving away Dave's Killer Bread! The loaves look fantastic, with excellent nutritional stats.

One Frugal Foodie is giving away a gift package with a bunch of Pamela's Products.

I'm off to bed. It's 11:35pm, and I need to be up early (for me) to teach. And I'm really trying to take it easy to get over my cold.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! I hope I can get back into blogging more soon too, life gets in the way sometimes doesn't it.. I hope you're ok :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy sauteed veggies! No, I don't think it's weird to top tofu off with pb, I think that is a fabulous idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha at least you found out the park was closed before you drove all the way over there!!

    Hope you feel better soon! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear God, Lisa, you've been gone for TOO long! Glad you're back!

    I hope you feel better soon though..which I have no doubt you will since you have once again joined our amazing community! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!