An Open Letter to Guys, or 10 Reasons Why You Don’t Want to Date Me.
Recently more guys have expressed interest in me and/or asked me out. I’m writing this open letter to you regarding the matter. Consider this your warning.
1) I talk too much and too loudly.
2) I love food, and I will always eat to keep myself healthy and happy. When my 25 year old metabolism slows down, I make no promises that I won’t end up 50 pounds overweight when I’m in my 30s and 40s. You don’t want a fat girlfriend.
3) I am a Christian with fairly strong moral convictions. This means that you might think I’m a religious weirdo.
4) I am more specifically a feminist, liberal, egalitarian Christian. Which means that if you’re also a Christian, we probably won’t get along, theologically speaking.
5) I am supremely selfish with my time. No, I don’t particularly want to spend a lot of time trying to enjoy your hobbies; I have my own. And no, I don’t want to plan my day around yours. That’s never going to happen.
6) I am extremely unpredictable in what I say, think, feel and do. I’m a human being. I refuse to apologize for this, but it would probably (rightfully) infuriate you.
7) I am cranky a vast majority of the time, whether it’s hunger, stress, fatigue, cold, or any combination therein. No really, you don’t want to date me. Got it?
8) I don’t wear cute enough clothes. And I am sure as heck not going to dress in what you like me to wear in order to have you find me attractive. I wear what I like, and it’s not usually what guys find attractive.
9) I am a people pleaser to a fault. Oh, and I also hate conflict.
10) I don’t –ever- want to get married. So why even bother to date me in the first place?