Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

KLUTZ!!

In an extreme demonstration of grace and sure-footedness, I totally face planted while running yesterday! I have NO IDEA how it happened. I think I may have misjudged a curb. But come on...I just ran a FULL marathon! And while out on a 4 mile jog around the neighborhood, I end up falling and cracking my knee open in the process!! Granted, it was dusk, but it was still utterly humiliating, as I was running across a street so there were a bunch of cars stopped at the red light. And --PLOP-- just like that, I was down! Remember, I used to be a gymnast!! I DON'T FALL. I can't remember the last time I fell, save for some black ice two winters ago. And my knee was bleeding enough that a RANDOM STRANGER in a car pulled over and asked if I was OK because he and his friends saw the blood. (I had to walk about 1.5 miles back to my car!) And then, when I thought things couldn't get any more embarrassing, I somehow mistook the stranger in the car for a close friend (he looked freaking identical!) and was pretty confused for a few moments. They probably thought I was some drunk slob, when really I was just out for a run! Geez.

Wanna see it?





WARNING: blood and general yuckiness. Skip the rest of this post if you're queasy.






LAST WARNING.






OK, here it is in all its glory:

Yeah, nice right?! (Notice the New Balance Minimus shoes! I ran the entire marathon in these! Excellent!)

And this is what I finally got it cleaned up to, after picking out the gravel and washing it:


Kind of swollen, and still oozing some sort of clear liquid (what is it?!?!) but it will heal soon enough. My pride however?! That will take a lot longer to heal.

By the way, you totally have permission to laugh at me; I am too! :D

Be well. Don't face plant. (<--- New slogan?! Lol!)

Please share your clumsiest moment! Any funny running stories? Other funny klutz stories?! My knee awaits company! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That looks really painful. Hope you heal quickly!

    Recently I fell over when riding the tube. I don't understand how people not holding onto the rails keep their balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about your little accident! hope your knee is feeling better soon.

    and don't worry, as a former gymnast, I've also taken some nasty falls. it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, sorry you hurt yourself--OUCH, that looks painful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments!